Street Style Daries Mumbai - Kasmin Fernandes

Thursday 24 April 2014

Happy

Everyday when I read the newspaper, I wonder about the person who gets me all the dope on fashion, and what is he or she like? And then I met Kasmin Fernandes, a name that I had come across often in the fashion columns of a leading paper. Kasmin is a reporter with the Times of India; the go-to girl for fashion inputs for millions and also the girl dancing with gay abandon in the Pharrel Williams- Happy India video!

It might seem crazy what I’m about to say
Sunshine she’s here, you can take a break
I’m a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don’t care baby by the way
Pharrel Williams-Happy

I love the track and the video; it plays on loop on my phone! 

Kasmin let me capture her unique Bohemian-minimalist personality with her eclectic choices, seemingly made by a traveler-at-heart soul. She wears this American Indian, (Navajo) peyote stitch pattern inspired printed tank. She combines it with a pair of palazzo pants in a monochrome Arabesque wallpaper pattern. Her bag is a handcrafted tote with a Japanese floral print and our indigenous kantha(stitchwork). There is a certain hippy vibe to her aided by her carefree curls and the tattoo, at the same time the sans accessories look is so modern minimal.

However for me her most bold sartorial choice of this woman-of-substance is the subtle-sad-clown eye makeup that she sports....
I love the contradictions and within it the harmony.

Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do
Hey, come on...

Hope you are casting your vote today!!!

Full length shot of Kasmin fernandes.

Kasmin Fernandes

Closer shot of clothes that Kasmin wears

Kasmin Fernandes

portrait of Kasmin fernandes with sad clown eye make up.

Kasmin Fernandes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your Ideas!

Copyright © 2014 · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs